The Zurich Opera has announced the 2014-15 season. The season will feature nine new productions.
The full list of premieres:
- Lohengrin - Simone Young, Andreas Homoki - with the great Klaus Florian Vogt in his signature role and Elza van den Heever as Elsa.
- The Turn of the Screw - Constantin Trinks, Willy Decker - with Pavol Breslik rounding those vowels as Quint
- Robin Hood by Frank Schwemmer - a children's opera
- Die Zauberflöte - Cornelius Meister, Tatjana Gürbaca
- Juliette - Fabio Luisi, Andreas Homoki - Annette Dasch takes the title role
- Rote Laterne by Christian Jost - Alain Altinoglu, Nadja Laschky
- La traviata - Marco Armiliato, David Herman - Anita Hartig/Ailyn Perez, Pavol Breslik/Matthew Polenzani, Quinn Kelsey
- La verità in cimento - Ottavio Dantone, Jan Philipp Gloger - a Vivaldi obscurity with an impressive period-specialist cast
- I Capuleti e i Montecchi - Fabio Luisi, Christof Loy - Anita Hartig and Joyce DiDonato are the lovelorn couple
There will also be a few revivals with big names. Among them are the revival of the Guth/Luisi Ariadne auf Naxos. Cecilia Bartoli will return to the theater to perform "La Cenrentola"alongside Lawrence Brownlee.
Claus Guth's Tristan und Isolde reappears conducted by Jiří Bělohlávek, and featuring Nina Stemme and Stephen Gould. Anna Netrebko will return to her acclaimed portrayal of Anna Bolena. She will be joined by Luca Pisaroni. There will also be a revival of Elektra with Evelyn Herlitzius in the title role and Emily Magee. Luca di Lammermoor will also be performed with Sonya Yoncheva while Aida will be revived with Latonia Moore in the title role. Finally Diana Damrau will sing Adina in L'Elisir d'Amore,