Thursday, October 10, 2013

Happy Birthday Verdi


Today Verdi celebrates his 200th anniversary and while the Met won't be presenting his work today, I would like to know from you guys what your favorite Verdi work is and your favorite Interpreters.


The following is a list of singers and operas I love from the great composer.



The singers I most love to hear sing Verdi are Maria Callas, Placido Domingo, Fiorenza Cossotto, Renata Scotto, Sherill Milnes and Nicholai Ghiarouv. I also enjoy listening to Giuletta Simoniato, Carlo Bergonzi, Anna Moffo and Giuseppe Di Stefano.




 As for my favorite Operas I love Don Carlo for its incredible plot, music and its large scale. I love Il Trovatore as well as Macbeth. Attila, La Traviata, Otello and Luisa Miller are also among my favorite Verdi Operas.

Please post clips of favorite performances as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment