Monday, October 22, 2012

The complete 2013-2014 Met operas (These are Rumors)


Last we revealed the HDs on my post Rumor article and today  Parterre has revealed the complete 2013-2014 Met Opera season which includes some of the casts and all the new productions. 

As it stands there will only be 6 new productions as I Puritani will be a revival. There is no soprano attached to the role. Other mystery casting is Wozzeck which was rumored to include Karita Mattila and Thomas Hampson but at the moment nothing is confirmed. And a surprise is that L'Elisir d'Amore will be revived with Netrebko and Ramon Vargas. Enjoy the list!

New Productions:
Eugene Onegin (Opening Night), conducted by Valery Gergiev, directed byDeborah Warner. With Anna NetrebkoEkaterina SemenchukPiotr Beczala, Kwiecien, Ferruccio Furlanetto. Also performed later in the season with Marina Poplavskaya, Oksana VolkovaPeter MatteiAlexei Tanovitski, conducted by Alexander Vedernikov.
Falstaff, conducted by Levine, directed by Des McAnuff. With Angela Meade,Lisette OropesaStephanie BlytheAmbrogio MaestriFranco Vassallo.
Die Fledermaus, conducted by Adam Fischer, directed by John Hall; new dialogue by David Hirson. With Susanna PhillipsChristine Schaefer,Anthony Roth CostanzoMichael FabianoPaulo Szot.
Prince Igor, conducted by Gergiev, directed by Tcherniakov, choreography bySergei Ratmansky. With Oksana Dyka, Semenchuk, Ildar Abdrazakov,Stefan KocanVladimir Ognovenko.
Two Boys (Muhly/Craig Lucas), conducted by David Robertson, directed byBartlett Sher. Ensemble cast includes Alice CooteFelicity PalmerPaul ApplebyDaniel Sumegi.
Werther, conducted by Alain Altinoglu, directed by Richard Eyre. With Oropesa, Elina GarancaJonas KaufmannDavid Bizic.
Revivals:
Andrea ChenierPatricia Racette, Blythe, Marcelo AlvarezZeljko Lucic;Gianandrea Noseda.
ArabellaGenia KuhmeierOlga PeretyatkoRoberto SaccaMichael Volle,John Del CarloDonald Runnicles. [Title role TBA.]
La BohemeMaija Kovalevska/Anita HartigJoseph Calleja/Vittorio GrigoloAlexey Markov/Luca SalsiMassimo CavallettiMarco Armiliato/Philippe Auguin.
La CenerentolaJoyce DiDonato, Juan Diego FlorezLuca Pisaroni,Alessandro Corbelli; Fabio Luisi.
Cosi fan tutte: Phillips, Isabel LeonardDanielle de NieseMatthew PolenzaniRodion PogossovMaurizio Muraro; Levine.
L’elisir d’amore: Netrebko, Ramon Vargas.
The Enchanted Island: de Niese, Susan GrahamDavid DanielsPlacido Domingo, Pisaroni; Patrick Summers.
Die Frau ohne SchattenAnne SchwanewilmsChristine Goerke, Ildiko KomlosiTorsten KerlJohan ReuterRichard Paul FinkVladimir Jurowski.
Madama ButterflyAmanda EchalazJames Valenti/Massimo Giordano,Scott Hendricks.
The Magic Flute (abridged) Jane Glover, conductor. 
A Midsummer Night’s DreamKathleen KimIestyn DaviesJames Conlon.
NormaSondra Radvanovsky/Meade, Kate AldrichAleksandrs Antonenko, James MorrisRiccardo Frizza.
The Nose: Szot, Ognovenko, Claudia WaiteBrian FrutigerGrigory Soloviov.
I PuritaniLawrence Brownlee, Kwiecien, Michele PertusiMichele Mariotti. [Elvira TBA.]
RigolettoAlexandra Kurzak, Polenzani, Dmitri Hvorostovsky, Kocan; Pablo Heras-Casado.
Der RosenkavalierMartina SerafinMojca Erdmann, Garanca/Daniela SindramEric CutlerHans-Joachim KetelsenPeter RoseEdward Gardner.
RusalkaRenée FlemingEmily MageeDolora Zajick, Beczala, John Relyea; Yannick Nezet-Seguin.
La SonnambulaDiana DamrauJavier CamarenaMichele Pertusi; Armiliato.
Tosca: Racette/Radvanovsky, Roberto Alagna/Marcello GiordaniGeorge Gagnidze.
Wozzeck: Simon O’Neill; Levine. [All roles but Drum Major TBA.]



Now that you've read tell us what your most excited for and who you think may sing Puritani and Wozzeck?

27 comments:

  1. I will go to "Werther", because Elina Garanca is so amazing and I love her so much!!

    And probably I will go to L’elisir d’amore because I love Anna Netrebko too.

    I think La Cenerentola will be interesting too, because this is one of my favourite operas. I've seen it with Elina Garanca, of course. :) It is an pity that this performence is not with this amazing singer, but maybe it would be interesting to see another performence with other singers to compare. And Joyce DiDonato is a great singer too, I think, but I don't know her very well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce Didonato's cenetrentola is one of the greatest interpretation of our time. Her flexibilty and high notes are some of the best

      Delete
  2. I am looking forward to seeing "The Nose" again. Beautiful music. Smart story. Wonderful singing. Awesome production.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is Donizetti's 3rd Queen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robert, I've heard Peter Gelb say that they simply decided there was no soprano who was suitable and that they could acquire. It's a shame, but I think they were operating under this assumption even by the time "Anna Bolena" premièred...

      Delete
    2. Radvanovsky was awesome in Toronto. Guess they couldn't get her.

      Delete
  4. Roberto Devereux is missing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do my eyes deceive me?? Is there no Wagner??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is rumored but yes this what people are saying. However, they may add one.

      Delete
  6. Elvira is to be sang by Olga Peretyatko. Astonishingly beautiful soprano. This information I took from her personal web site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. unless she is the cover?

      Delete
    2. I would have preferred Juan Diego Florez sing Puritani than Browlee...

      Delete
  7. I cannot waite for the new eugene onegin , because i have heard awesome things about this production which comes from london, and also I adore mariuz kweicien because he is my all time favorite baritone of all times and I also love anna netrebko and it is about time that she does heavy stuff at the met . And peter gelb please bring anna netrebko in more heavier stuff such as leonora and norma please, it is time.
    basically I cannot waite for the new eugene onegin.
    Andrew Pooladian Maplewood minnesota.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I checked this website with the hope of seeing Tosca in the list. I am really excited about seeing Tosca for the first time! Puccini is my favorite thus, I would also see Madama Butterfly again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Because of scheduling, ROBERTO DEVEREUX is postponed till the following season, after Sondra Radvanovsky has sung NORMA. Then Radvanovsky will sing all three Queens in revivals of BOLENA and STUARDA.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is one of them that I am looking forward to - Sondra singing her second Norma. Then three queens in a single season. But I am getting ahead of myself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. when will the MET officially announce the 2013-2014 schedule/lineup?

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Garanca! So won't miss Werther. Saw a DVD of this with her and Marcelo Alverez (I think) so can't wait to see her with Jonas. I think Falstaff looks interesting too. Disappointed about Devereaux.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope Angela Meade will sing Norma on the broadcast. I don't care to think about having to hear Radvanovsky sing anything.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dismal is the only word that comes to mind in a bicentennial year with so little Verdi and no Wagner.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm with you, Ralph!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So Racette and Radvanovsky are becoming the two great divas of the Met? And why can't they bring in Gruberova for Devereux? I hear she is still singing beautifully?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. racette is singing the wrong rep! she should not sing tosca or chenier

      Delete
    2. What rep do you think Racette is more suited to sing?

      Delete
  17. At first Cenerentola jumped out at me, having seen Marilyn Horne sing the role in San Francisco. Then, Prince Igor jumped just as much.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anyone know when tickets for the 2013/14 Live in HD series go on sale?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Is the Enchanted Island worth seeing? I'm thinking about trading in my ticket. Granted it will have Placido, Graham, de Neise and Daniels but I'm not too sure about the mix.......

    ReplyDelete