Saturday, August 6, 2011

Luc Bondy has his way at the Met again!

As I was looking at BradWilber's blog, a blog dedicated to previewing the future Met seasons, I realized that Luc Bondy will be producing a new Rigoletto for 2012-13 season. As a result I searched for production pictures and guess what I found? Yup I found pictures of the new stark looking set with yet more "Ikea looking furniture" and unpleasing costumes.  Take a look at this production and start saying good bye to Otto Schenk's beautiful looking production which might I add was never put on video. We'll have our memories to remember how wonderful it was.

Singer George Gagnidze performs on stage during a dress rehearsal of Guiseppe Verdi's opera "Rigoletto" at Theater an der Wien in Vienna May 25, 2011. The opera is directed by Luc Bondy and will premiere on May 29 as part of the Wiener Festwochen 2011 (Vienna festival).

According to George Gagnidze's website the opera will be shown around April 7-23 2013.
The cast includes Diana Damrau, Nino Machaidze, Vittorio Grigolo, George Gagnidze and Zeljko Lucic.

And one more thing to add. Here are some links to reviews of the Vienna Festival opening and believe me they are not good.
http://www.bachtrack.com/review-rigoletto-festwochen-wien
http://likelyimpossibilities.blogspot.com/2011/05/festwochens-rigoletto-later-to-be-mets.html



Tell me what you think of these "wonderful" pictures.

UPDATE: I posted this article on the Met facebook page. It has since been taken down from their page. More interesting is that Wilbur has taken down his page and "retired." And to make things more interesting, Parterre Blog has "a hunch" that Bondy won't be directing Rigoletto at the Met anymore. Lot's of interesting coincidences all in one.

No comments:

Post a Comment